Skip to main content

Paul Weller "Lost & Found" with Keb Darge!


Paul Weller has come together with DJ Keb Darge to release a compilation called 'Lost & Found; Real R'N'B & Soul'.

The double album will feature forgotten soul tracks from the '50s and '60s, and will be released on January 18 next year.

Darge has picked the songs on the 'A' side of the record, while Weller has chosen the tracks for the 'B' side.

In the liner notes for the record, Darge writes about how he first met Weller in a urinal at a birthday party for Weller's sister Nicky's boyfriend.

he said: "Paul walked in as I was relieving myself and said he was enjoying the tunes. I later found out from Nicky that he was also an avid collector, and had been for as long as myself."

Side A Tracklisting:
Keb Darge’s Choice
Big Mama Thornton - 'They Call Me Big Mama'
The Brothers Of Soul - 'Come On Back'
The Tempos - '(Countdown) Here I Come'
Epitome Of Sound - 'You Don’t Love Me'
Daddy Cleanhead & The Chuck Higgins Band - 'Something’s Going On In My Room'
The Casanova - 'Two We Got To Keep On'
The Creations - 'A Dream'
Elsie Wheat - 'Tippin'
Sarah Dean With Freddie Mitchell Orchestra - 'Long Lean Daddy'
Billy Fair & Orchestra - 'I’ll Be True To You'
The Cadets - 'I Want You'
Velma Cross & Her High Steppers - 'I’ll Be Oh So Good'
Big T Tyler - 'King Kong'
The Flirtations - 'Stronger Than Her Love'
The Great Experience - 'Don’t Forget To Remember'

Side B Tracklisting:
Paul Weller’s Choice
The Intruders - 'Hang On In There'
Major Lance - 'Rhythm'
Margie Joseph - 'One More Chance'
Tammi Terrell - 'All I Do Is Think About You'
The Dells - 'Wear It On Your Face'
Bobby Bland - 'Honey Child'
The Radiants - 'Aint No Big Thing'
Albert King - 'Crosscut Saw'
Jimmy Witherspoon - 'Money Is Getting Cheaper'
Billy Watkins - 'The Ice-Man'
Eddie Giles - 'Losin' Boy'
Emmitt Long - 'Call Me'
Slim Harpo - 'I Got Love If You Want It'

Comments

  1. Sweet! Only a few tracks from PW that I've seen before (margie joseph, crosscut saw and the dells) What is it with him and that Dells song? I don't get it.

    Anyways, thanks Dave, I will be getting this for sure!

    Andy in Canada

    ReplyDelete
  2. Andy,
    Don't understand what you don't get..... This whole album is about music that was lost and then brought to the front... Have you ever Listened to the Wigan Scene that what it was about? If so that will explain the whole Album... Keb has had previous Lost and Found albums and if you have visited Madam Jo Jo's at Soho London on a Sat night then you might grasp it... PW has an appriciation for the faith and I'm proud that he still drives 50 & 60 Soul, R&B....

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Paul Weller At Westonbirt Arboretum - Set List & Pics!

Courtesy Of Little Miss Funky Soul! Cheers!!

New Unofficial Forum

A new Unofficial Weller chat forum has been created in place of the recently-closed Official Forum. Click below to visit. Have a good week!

Short "22 Dreams" Album Preview At Rolling Stone.com!

Album Preview: Paul Weller Recruits Noel Gallagher, Thunderstorms to Share His “22 Dreams” “You get to this stage in life where you say ‘I’ve done everything that I can do,’” says Paul Weller. As he passes the half-century mark, Weller easily could have returned to his old stomping grounds, whether it was the mod-punk of his first band the Jam or the pop leanings of the Style Council. But rather than reliving past glory, Weller spent the last year recording 22 Dreams, the most expansive and experimental album of his career. “I was conscious when I walked into the studio that I wanted to do something different. I didn’t want to make As Is Now Part 2,” Weller tells Rock Daily. “There was this mentality where it was like, ‘Let’s try anything that comes into your mind.’” Weller sequestered himself in his country studio, recruited some famous Britpop friends like Oasis‘ Noel Gallagher and Blur’s Graham Coxon and spent hours improvising with his band. The result was 22 Dreams, a genre-leapin